MAC Prep+Prime BB Cream and Oval 6 Brush



I have mixed feelings about the MAC Oval 6 Brush: It was a Black Friday impulse purchase when I went into the MAC store to re-stock a few products as well as try a new product, the Prep+Prime BB Cream. My Pro Card was about to expire so I really wanted to make sure to purchase a few of my staple products. I didn't realize that they had come out with an Oval Brush, and I have really been wanting to try one out after seeing all of the Youtube videos featuring the very pricey Artis Makeup Brushes. It turned out, however, that the pro discount did not apply to the brush but I thought I'd still go ahead and purchase it since it was cheaper than the Artis line.

I really like how my face products apply with the Oval 6 (it can be used for primer, powder, foundation, etc.). The biggest downfall, however, is its poor construction. The handle is not well-made in terms of sturdiness, and I have actually read several reviews on the MAC website explaining how easily the brush handle will snap near the head. I noticed this right away after using the brush the first few times so I make it a point to hold the brush in such a way that keeps pressure off the area that would tend to snap. Other than that, the brush blends products very smoothly. I've seen so many dupes that are as low as just under $10, so I hope to compare the MAC brush to something more affordable soon.

As for the BB Cream (my shade is Light Plus), I am really enjoying this product. It has an SPF 35, and it evens my skin tone really well. A small amount also goes a long way when applying the cream with the Oval 6 brush (because of the density of these kind of brushes, they tend to save on product). It has a nice creamy texture and is surprisingly long-lasting. It's also a great product for those of you who are looking for oil-control products.

Comments

Popular Posts